Microsoft once again snatches the limelight by introducing before its users the approaching version of Windows Phone Operating System, namely the Windows 7. Scheduled to release sometime by October, 2010 this has already popped up as a determinant global news. The official unveiling of this idea was announced on February 15 (2010) in Barcelona at the Mobile World Congress Meet. Microsoft promises to make and design a new challenging user interface, integrating operating system along with other devices, while controlling hardware would be kept into focus. This news has also pointed out the fact that Microsoft would not allow any of its product partners to render any kind of changes or modifications to this equipment.
Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, announced in Barcelona on Feb 15 (2010)
Today, I’m proud to introduce Windows Phone 7 Series, the next generation of Windows Phones. In a crowded market filled with phones that look the same and do the same things, I challenged the team to deliver a different kind of mobile experience. Windows Phone 7 Series marks a turning point toward phones that truly reflect the speed of people’s lives and their need to connect to other people and all kinds of seamless experiences.
Windows Phone7 launches a brand new set of user interface and has named it “Metro” which looks quite similar in its approach to Zune HD. The Start Up screen comprises of tiny “Tile” like structures which directly navigates to common usable features like email, office, phone videos and music. Multitouch technology in addition to with connections to social networks comprising Facebook,Twitter and Windows live has also been introduced in this astonishing product.
A Bing button placed in the front panel will be the only search engine available in this Phone. Windows phone 7 cannot switch according to their preference to Google, the most popular Search Engine in times. Google would allow only OEM’S to change default search on Android to other companies. In contrast to search engines like Google, Yahoo.or Bing used in Apple iPhones this can stand out as a major disadvantage of Windows Phone 7 versus the iPhone.
Charlie Kindel, the brainchild behind this behind this huge Software application and the Program Manager behind this Windows product has declared that Microsoft Updates would be available on this device like any other desktop or PC. The main software is called the Windows Phone update would be simultaneously existing in both the Phone and the Zune PC software. She confirmed that the state of infrastructure of software updates was almost in a ready available state and that all third party apps to be installed from the Windows Phone Marketplace App store.
Platform of Advertisement:
Kostas Mallios,the prime Microsoft’s General Manager for Strategy And Business development pointed out the fact that the recent launch of windows Phone 7 would definitely prove as a Ad serving Machine. Microsoft brings before you Toast, which brings you updated advertising notifications about the present informing world. Mallios informed that Windows Phone 7 would be the first of its kind to create a salient connectivity between its users and advertisers. To speak more of the fact Mallios announced that “You’re now able to push information as an advertiser, and stay in touch with your customer. It’s a dynamic relationship that is created and provides for an ongoing dialog with the consumer.”
Specific Requirements Of Hardware:
1. RAM of 256 MB supporting atleast 8 GB of Flash Memory.
2. FM Radio Tuner.
3. GPU rendering DirectX9.
4. Capacitive 4point Multitouch Screen.
5. Processor of ARM v7 Cortex Scorpion.
6. Camera-5 Megapixel, flash supported.
7. GPS and Accelerator Meter with Compass.
8. Hardware buttons of six type: Start, back,search, power/sleep,camera and Volume Up and Down.
Microsoft has itself has made a daring acknowledgment that its latest product release would be a “Feature incomplete” product in complete regards to operating system used in the device. However it has assured its consumers of the facts all features installed in earlier Windows Mobile would be incorporated within the system with a high degree of improvement over performances.
Some of the latest features that would not be installed in windows Phone 7 are:
1. The Compass feature which is an essential ingredient of every Microsoft Hardware Specifications would unfortunately be not installed in Windows Phone 7. Microsoft reports that the API operation regarding compass is still incomplete and software programmers worldwide would be unable to access this feature. Hence this has been delayed.
2. It has been said that this device would not support Silverlight, Flash and HTML 5. Although Flash would be incorporated in the developing platform recently, no confirmation regarding Silverlight or HTML 5 has been received yet.
3. Sadly speaking, VPN security is unavailable in this device.
4. PC Tethering and removable SD card, both the features which were available in previous versions of Windows Phone will no longer be seen in the present launch.
5. Cut, Copy and Paste would sadly be missing in Windows Phone 7 at launch premiere. Microsoft demands that most of its users don’t need to cut, copy or paste.
6. Regarding API Sockets Istavan Cseri of Microsoft has announced that
We are offering HTTP and multiple flavours of web client frameworks and APIs for that…in this release, we are not going to have direct socket access…it is going to come at a later time.
Microsoft has already announced that it would be imposing content restrictions on all its consumers. Sideloading applications as supported in previous versions of Windows Mobile would not be applicable now onwards. This clearly points out that all apps would have to be passed through the Windows Phone Marketplace where content restrictions would be readily applied.
Also in announcements it has been clearly declared that applications suggesting exclusive pornographic articles, violence and nudity would strictly be prevented during installation. These apps would definitely be forbidden.
So, lets narrow down to the main conversation. What do you think of the latest products of Microsoft ? With all its additional features and deficiencies, would it be able to satisfy consumers worldwide ? Let us know all of your views. We’ll relate this topic in future at our site to help you know more about this sophisticated phone: Windows Phone 7.