No doubt, Facebook is the most popular social wizard in these days. From dads to sons, moms to daughters, the major part of the people who have the knowledge of internet, use Facebook as a platform to be connected with friends or family members. While some of us use it for making and keeping social relationship, some people use Facebook to promote their business as well as for fun and entertainment.
Recommended: Remove Unwanted Friends in Facebook.
Facebook became a new craze of the web and the overall users are addicted with Facebook chatting. As some people have an exciting numbers of friends, managing and keeping a good relationship with friends becomes tough for them, some time complicated.
You can imagine about the situation when you are chatting with your girlfriend/boyfriend and planning for a dating, some one sends you some message in Facebook chat – you can bother what to do. It is very natural that you could ignore that person if you do not have too much relationship or commitment with that particularperson or you don’t know him/her (you added him to your friend list as some random strangers). But what about that if the person is very closed to you? Ignoring your good friends may create a misunderstanding.
So, in the situation when you cannot ignore some closed friend but do not want to chat because you are with your special one, you might be thinking to make yourself invisible for that particular friend in Facebook.
Fortunately, Facebook has such option. Unlike the other IM services like GTalk, Windows live messenger Facebook allows you to stay offline for specific friends.
Become Offline for specific friend(s) in Facebook
1. Having logged into your Facebook account, find out the “Friends” link from the left sidebar of the home page.
2. The “Friends” page appears. This page contains the option of finding new friends, managing imported contacts and editing the friends’ attributes. Just click on “Edit Friends” link button.
3. The next page appears with the option of creating new lists of friends. Click on the “Create a list” button.
4. Give a meaningful name for the list like “Offline Contacts” or “DND list”.
5. You can organize your friend list more cleverly. You can also give the name as “Online list” rather than “Offline Contacts”. The naming of the list depends on how many friends do you want to ignore or chat with. If the list of friends that you want to ignore contains a few number of contacts, create the list as “Offline contact” and turn the settings for this as “Off”. To be offline for the major part of your friends except some important one, create a list as “Online Friends” and keep it “ON” and all the other lists as “Off”.
6. After giving the name according to your need, add the friends by clicking on the thumbnails in the overlay window.
7. Once you’ve added your friends in the list, press the “Create List” button. Though, you can add or remove friends in that list any time you wish.
8. Now go to Facebook chat window at the bottom-right corner of Facebook page. The newly created friend list should appear there. Clicking on the visibility button next to the friend list name will toggle the IM status to ON or OFF and vise-versa for that list of friends. So whenever you are willing to go offline for a particular friend list, click the button and turn it to Gray from Green.
That’s all! You can now enjoy chatting without being interrupted by unwanted person as they will see you offline in their profile. If any of them tries to send you an IM, he/she will get a message
“Your chat message wasn’t sent because Mr. X is offline. (Send as a message)”
This idea is quite useful to go offline for specific Facebook friends instead of deleting them from your profile. did you like this idea? – Do share with us.
1. Use Yahoo Email Inbox to Chat With Facebook Friends.
2. Create Your Own Video Chat Room.
3. Insert Emotion Bar in Facebook Chat.