With the advent of technology our preferences are undergoing a sea change. Some years earlier we were happy with chatting via email but now a days Twitter and Facebook are the order of the day. But even when Twitter and Facebook are the need of the hour, we are using emails as we had used them some half a decade ago. This is really astonishing as the functionality of emails seems to have died out by this time.
[Similar Article: Use Temporary Email ID That Dissolves in 60 Minutes to Get Rid From Spam Emails.]
But again, sharing our email addresses makes it risky as it can often open the doors for various internet marketeers trying to sell off all unwanted products and in the process you receiving huge amounts of spams.
There are more than one process in respect to the solution of this problem. We shall be discussing them in detail one by one.
Scr.im is an online application that allows you to create your email address into short URL(s), so that you can freely share them without any involvement of risk of being spammed.
Features of Scr.im ?
- Type your email and create a short URL automatically. You also have the option to create customized short URL(s) for protecting your email id.
- You also enjoy the liberty of sharing this URL on Twitter, Facebook or even in a HTML document.
- When a person clicks on the short URL by default he is taken to the website where your email id can be revealed.
This is an immensely trustworthy online tool where you can freely share your email address without any tension of getting spammed by some spamming bots.
Email Icon Generator:
Another very useful and easy trick for freely sharing your email without getting spammed is E-mail Icon Generator. What this online application does is that it shows your email id in the form of a jazzed up image. Hence it protects your id from the hands of spammers but also serves the task of sharing your email id publicly. Moreover you need not be a Photoshop expert to do so. This is an online email “id to image” generator which is very easy and simple to use. When you open the above link you will see the following page where you should fill up your email id and then hit the option “Generate”.
Just wait for a while and you can see your email icon in the form of an image.
Some more tricks :
Apart from the above two highly effective processes, there are a few more methods to share your email address publicly without the risk of being spammed. Here’s how :
- Remove “@” character from your Email address : Instead of sharing your email id with its actual form i,e [email@example.com] you can share it using the form [blog.ttg(at)gmail(dot)com]. This technique also prevents your email id from being spammed.
- Using Email Encoder : This is also a very unique and interesting option that you can adopt. Here your email id is encoded into its corresponding decimal entity which the spam bots cannot recognize. When you open the link you will find a space where you should give your Email address and after giving it just click on “Encode”.
After you have clicked you will see the encoded form of your email address in the space provided.
Having obtained the encoded version, share this instead of sharing your email id. When the above encoded form is published, in the front-end it will still appear as [blog.ttg(at)gmail.com], however spamming bots will see it in encoded form as above and thus you will be safe. But still, this technique is not the ultimate solution, since some high end software such as that used by Google’s™ search engine can still recognize your email address inspite of the encoded version. Nevertheless, this technique will certainly be very helpful in minimizing the exposure of your id to less capable software used by some subdued search engines.