Previously, I wrote an article about six great services to share large files. But some readers requested to write about Dropbox. Yes, Dropbox is a great free service that allows you to share up to 2 GB of files over the internet by uploading at your Dropbox account. If you want greater than 2 GB space then you have to pay.
Dropbox comes with the application by which you can drag and drop any file in your local drive even you are offline. Dropbox will automatically synchronize them whenever your computer will be connected to the internet.
How to install Dropbox
1. First download the Dropbox application from the link below:
2. Double click on the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions.
After the installation the Dropbox icon will be shown at the system tray. Double click on it to access.
How to use Dropbox
1. Now your computer is ready to upload any file to your Dropbox account through the “My Dropbox” folder. Evey thing that you put in this folder, they will be synchronized to your Dropbox account.
2. If you want to share any file by sharing the link, just put that file in the Public folder under the “My Dropbox” folder. Now right right click on the file and choose “Copy public link”.
Note: You can only share the files which are under the “Public” folder.
3. After that, you can share the link by email or anything else. The file can be viewed or downloaded by clicking on the link or pasting the URL in the address bar of the browser.
Apart from file sharing there are many applications of Dropbox. We shall discuss them in the upcoming posts. Keep reading.