Email is now one of the commonly used media for communication and sending or receiving data. A normal Email is always preferable to send your usual data like images, birthday card etc. But in case of your important and confidential data like bank account details, credit card number, website password etc., sending them through just an email can bring your to your head, as any one can catch those important data in the way of transmission.
Though the email encryption is possible with some applications like GPG or PGP, but they require both the user to install the software.
Lockify is one such application which sends your confidential data with a better security. The best thing about this method is that the recipient won’t have install any software in their computer.
How does Lockify work
Lockify is currently on beta stage and you can request to reserve an account at Lockify by typing in your email address at the company website.
They will send a confirmation email to check your ingenuity.
1. The message is self destructing. You can choose the duration of the existence of the message for any recipient.
2. A strong authentication system where you can force the recipient to type a code, or answering a private question to verify his identity. You can also authenticate the user via Gmail.
3. Lockify gives you the right to specify whether the recipient can print and copy the message or not. You can also select the decryption key as your wish.
4. It has the feature to track your message.
Sending the message
It is too simple to work. Just sign in with your username/email and password, then:
- Type your message.
- Select the duration of existence of your message.
- Optionally, you can set the verification method to identify the recipient (recommended).
- Select a decryption key.
Once you are done, you will get a shareable link which you can send via email, SMS or even in Facebook private message.
After sending the link, you can track your message. You will be notified when the link is used and you can make that expired any time if you think.
Lockify ensures that the private message never left your computer without being encrypted. Just the encrypted version of your message reaches the company server. As the encryption key is embed with your link, the company have nothing to do with your privacy.
Presently, they are facilitating the user with the text messages only and the user can only send not more than 10, 000 characters. Hope the great service will extend the limitation and the support to send some files as well.
[Image credits Gigaom]
1. Send Your Secret Emails With Lockbin.
2. Carry Encrypted Files to Access From Anywhere.
3. Protect Your Text Document From Hackers By Encrypting.