You might have seen the Groove Folder Synchronization Folder in the right-click menu, a module added by Microsoft Office 2007 which you might have never used. Let me introduce what’s the purpose of Microsoft Office Groove 2007.
“Microsoft Office Groove 2007 is an inbuilt Internet software which helps to make direct connections with your friends or important persons. This application is great media to bring your team members together. It does not matter whether they are from inside or outside of your company. This does not need any IT assistance and no need to waste time thinking about security firewalls, servers or network access. Additionally, this application offers the facility of knowing each other’s virtual location, or online presence, thus allowing for organic and quick conversation as well as a trusted collaboration.”
Recommended: Sync Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
Scarcely used by the users, it’s better to get rid of this and similar other programs installed on the installation of Microsoft Office 2007. So here’s a quick tutorial for the Windows 7 users to get rid of Microsoft Office Groove 2007.
- Firstly, head over to Uninstall or change a program by following the path Start>>My Computer>>Uninstall or change a program option. Click on it. Or Search for “Uninstall or change a program ” right from the start menu.
- Search for Microsoft Office 2007 in the programs listed. Right-click and choose Change option from the right-click menu.
- Once clicked, you are forwarded to the menu saying “Change your installation of Microsoft Office 2007”. Select Add or Remove Features. Confirm by clicking on Continue.
- Next Window will let you customize your Microsoft Windows 2007 installation. By the way, with Microsoft Office Groove 2007, users can uninstall other unwanted features too.
- Click on Continue, configuration will take few minutes to uninstall Microsoft Office Groove 2007 and other selected features, if any.
- So with that, the Groove Folder Synchronization Folder have been removed from the right-click menu. A reboot is required for changes to take effect.
Tip: Are you using Microsoft Office trial version?- Extend Office 2010 Trial Period.
You can use this method to uninstall other unwanted features too, which gets installed at the time of Microsoft Office 2007. Users can even install selected features at the initial installation process of Microsoft Office 2007. Using the similar way, users can uninstall unwanted Microsoft Office Programs in Windows XP and Windows Vista too.