Not only the Metro screen in Windows 8 has a smashing look but also it has also numerous functionalities. It organizes the Windows 8 Metro apps, some inbuilt shortcuts etc. with tiles view. You can easily delete or say, unpin the tiles from the Metro screen i.e the start screen.
For a regular internet user, adding some favorite websites to the start screen would be more user friendly. You can pin Facebook, Twitter etc. to get an easy access. Though you can pin any number of websites at the start screen of your Windows 8 PC, here we’ll take www.techtipsapp.com as an example.
Just follow the easy steps mentioned below and pin your favorite websites to Windows 8 Metro screen Screen.
How to Pin Websites to The Start Screen
There are so many techniques to uninstall apps from the metro screen and then add a new one. But, the easiest way to pin websites only is pinning them via the web browsers.
Pin websites using Internet Explorer
1. Open the desired website in the Internet Explorer. As I said before, I will take techtipsgeek.com as an example. Because, this is one of the numerous websites which I visit daily.
2. On the top right corner of your browser, you can see three options – Home, Favorites and Tools. Click on ‘Tools’ and you will get a drop-down menu.
3. Click on ‘Add site to start screen’ and you will get a pop up asking for the URL you want to pin on your start screen.
4. You are done with the steps and now you can see your favorite website on at Windows 8 Start screen.
5. You can also see all your pinned websites from your browser itself.
Well, I know that not many of you use Internet Explorer as the default browser. Don’t worry! You can also pin your websites on Windows 8 metro screen for the Google Chrome, which is one of the most commonly used web browsers. Below are a few steps to pin websites from Google Chrome.
Pin websites using Google Chrome
1. Go to the website you want to pin from Google Chrome browser.
2. Now click on the ‘Settings’ on the top-right corner.
3. Hover on the ‘Bookmarks’ option and click on ‘Pin the page to start screen’. If you can’t see the pin option by hovering over the Bookmarks tab, you might be running your browser in Desktop mode. To get this option, you first need to click ‘Relaunch Chrome in Windows 8 mode’.
4. You will get a new pop up asking for the name of the website you want to pin. Use some short name and click on ‘Pin to Start‘.
5. You are done with it. You can now see and access your favorite website from your Windows 8 Start screen. Now I have my favorite website TechTipsGeek.Com for both Chrome as well as IE browser.
Wasn’t it simple? Pinning the websites in the Windows 8 Start Screen seems more comfortable than creating a bookmark. You can easily access your websites from the start Screen and no need to look over the long ‘bookmarks list’ any more.