If you are uncomfortable with the simple view of your desktop icons then move the desktop icons into a well decorated transparent background box in your desktop. You must think that how is it possible?
You can categorize your desktop icons by the small software Fence. It also facilitates you to write a header text for a particular icon category. It also lets you create more than two or three fences as well as your icon category in your desktop. The world famous software developer organization Stardock Corporation has designed this software specially for the users who want to make their desktop attractive and easy to use. This is a freeware so you won’t have to spend your dollars to buy it.
Why Should You Categorize the Desktop Icons
Here some reasons for which you might wanted to organize your desktop icons categorically.
1. If you can not find out a specific icon from the icon clouds of your desktop.
2. If you want to rapidly handle your desktop icons.
3. If you want to keep a good looking and organized desktop in your front.
1. Download and install the software Fence.
2. Right-click on the desktop and select a region by dragging the mouse arrow. Now you get an option ‘Create new Fence here’ in your desktop. Click on it.
3. Now, you will get a text box to enter the category name. It will be appeared in the desktop like a header text. I have named it as Internet because it contains only the internet related desktop icons. After putting the category name click on ‘OK’.
4. Look at the desktop. A selected area appears at your desktop with a category name. Now drag and drop them into the related regions to categorize the icons. You can create another fence in the similar way.
In this way, you can create as many regions as you wish at your desktop and arrange all icons according to their related categories. This tiny utility works in both Windows XP and Windows 7.
Let us know if you liked it or not.