Sublime Text 2 is one of the best and revered text editor out there. Already laden with features, we still need to install plugins in Sublime Text 2 to suit it up according to our needs. Installing plugins in Sublime Text 2 is not that easier as you might be thinking. But I’d recommend you to go through this tutorial once, and installing plugins in Sublime Text 2 would be a cake walk for you.
It’s hard to follow the same old process to install and test plugins in Sublime Text 2. But it’s easy when a Package Controller handles things for us. So, we’d install Package Control first, and then proceed with installing plugins in Sublime Text 2.
How it’s done, read. There are two methods to install Package Control, and we’d laid out both for you. Follow one of them.
How To Install Package Control In Sublime Text 2
- Open Sublime Text 2.
CTRL + `key combination as shortcut to Open Sublime Text 2 console. You can also do the same from Menu > View > Show Console.
- Move onto this webpage and copy the appropriate Python code for your version of Sublime Text in the console. If you’re using Sublime Text 2, choose the code meant for the same or vice-versa.
- Restart the Sublime Text 2 to finish the installation.
- This code creates Package Control folder into your system. After that;
- Download the Package Control.sublime-package into it.
That’s one way to install Package Control in Sublime Text.
If that didn’t worked out for you. Please try the manual method to do the same.
If the aforementioned method didn’t work for you, you can try manual installation.
- Open Sublime Text editor. Then,
- Click ‘Preferences’ from the menu and then select ‘Browse Packages’.
- Browse the appropriate folder and then into the ‘Installed Package’ folder.
- Download the Package Control.sublime.package from here and copy it into the ‘Installed Package’ directory.
- Restart Sublime Text and get finished with the manual installation.
So with Package Control installed in our Sublime Text editor, now we can explore and install plugins in Sublime Text 2/3 easily. How it’s done, please enjoy the picturesque ride ahead.
How To Install Plugins In Sublime Text Using Package Control
- Click the Preferences > Package Control.
- A pop-up will open. Choose ‘Package Control: Install Package’ from the drop down menu.
- List of Sublime Text plugins will be there, choose the one you’d like to install
- You can check the status of the plugin installation from the Status bar below.
- If you’d like to know what all plugins are there for Sublime Text editor, please follow this link.
That’s how you can save loads of time, installing plugins in Sublime Text using Package Control. Do let us know if you’re facing any problem.