Unlike Facebook, Google plus has a good notification system. If you are using Google plus, you can verify it yourself. Every time your friends or followers in google plus add you in their circle(s), mention you in any comment, tag you within any photo or share any post with you; you will get a email notification at your email address related to your Google plus account.
Tip: Enable private message in Google plus.
While this feature makes a great sense for the notification purpose, over time, you would be exhausted with those bulk email messages. Why would you make your inbox cluttered with those junk emails while you can get the notifications in your G+ account itself ?
So, it is better that you turn off the notifications in your Google plus profile to avoid the notification emails in your inbox.
How to Turn Off or disable Notification messages in Google plus profile
You can customize the notification settings from your Google+ account settings. Here is how to do that.
1. Sign-in to Google plus and click on the name at the top-right corner of the page and choose “Account settings”.
2. Now head to Google+ from the left side bar and you will get the page where you can set the delivery preferences.
3. The page itself speaks how to turn off or disable the notification message, just deselect the checkbox to stop the notifications for the corresponding action.
It is pretty enough to say that you can customize the above page to get rid from the notification emails in your Gmail inbox but you will receive the notifications in your Google plus profile as same as before.
Tip: Send Direct Message or Private Message in Google plus.
Some time, specific posts in your Google plus profile goes in a long conversation. Whenever anyone posts any comment on that post, re-share that or +1 that, you will get the notification in your Google plus account. If you want to get rid from such notifications for specific post, you can mute it from your Google plus profile.
1. Click on the notification drop-down menu and select the post for that you want to stop the notifications.
2. The notification window contains a link “Mute this post”. Click on that link.
3. That’s all you need to do. The notification for that post is now disabled which means that it won’t show any further notification when the post gets a new comment or any other activities. After muting a particular post, the post will look like this:
Alternatively, you can stop the notifications for a selected post from the Google plus stream. Click on the Arrow button at the right side of the post.
Tip: How to Invite Facebook Friends in Google Plus.
Now, click Block this post. The notifications for that particular post will be muted and you will not get any further notification message for that.