Finally, Facebook has launched Video calling as their commitment. From now, above 750 million Facebook users will be able to enjoy the video calling along with group chatting and more features right from the Facebook. It was made possible to bring video calling feature to the Facebook user when Facebook paired with Microsoft who’ve taken over the Skype, the leading video calling service in the world.
While every Facebook user is going to give it a try, the video calling feature is not injected in the default Facebook interface. It requires a simple setup to use within from Facebook. Here is how to setup Facebook video calling to use it right from your Facebook profile.
Getting started with Facebook Video calling
Unlike Google plus, Facebook video calling requires a simple plugin for the browser. Once the plugin is installed in your browser, you can start video/voice calling anytime.
1. Sign-in to your Facebook account and visit the Facebook official video calling page and click on Get Started. If you are not logged in, it will ask you to log-in first.
2. This will open up the chat list and ask you to select any online contact from the list. Once done, a message box opens like this:
Simply press the OK button.
Tip: How to Access Facebook at School.
3. Now, you can find that a video calling button () at the chat window has appeared. Click on it.
4. Clicking on that button will prompt to setup the video calling for Facebook. This is one time process and you won’t have to repeat this in future.
5. Click on the Setup button which will start the download of a filed called as FacebookVideoCallSetup.exe. The file is nothing but the Facebook video calling plugin installer for your browser.
6. Once done, run the downloaded installer file and your system will start to install the appropriate plugin for your browser automatically.
7. After the completion, you are free to call any online friend from your Facebook contacts. All you have to do is clicking the contact from the chat list and then click the () button from the chat window.
If some one calls you for a video chat, you will get a notification message like this:
One good thing about the Facebook video calling is that you can send a video message to your friend.
While the social network giant has stepped in a great action for their huge number of users, it has also the limitations.
1. The voice calling plugin has been released only for Windows. The MAC and Linux users are still far away from enjoying this service in their Facebook profile – it seems that they’ll have to wait.
2. If you use multiple browser, you will have to set up the voice chatting feature for all browsers.
3. If your friend did not setup this feature in his computer, you cannot make any voice or video call with him.
However, the video calling feature will lead Facebook to a new stage. Let’s see which one can impress the users- Google plus Hangout or Facebook video calling. What about you?- share with us at the comment section.