It is a very well known fact that the Control Panel is a very vital area in your computer system no matter what operating system you are using. If you agree with the above statement you should also not oppose to the proposal that access to this vital area should be restricted to some extent.
Tip: Block Access To A Website Without Any Software
Control Panel is neither an area of entertainment for children nor is it an area that should be opened in your PC by anyone who uses it. This is an area from where installed programs can be removed or uninstalled or the various settings of your system can be varied.To overcome this problem, you need to restrict some specific users from accessing your Control Panel.
The road to destination:
Once the problem is realized then the solution should also be sought for. This is where we tell you the path or the procedure to reach to your destination successfully. Just carefully follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step in traversing this path is to go to “Start” and then navigate to “Run”.
- In the space provided type “gpedit.msc” and then click on “OK“.
- Immediately a new window opens up entitled “group policy“.
- On the left hand side of this new window search for the option “User Configuration” and on clicking on it a new option called “Administrative Templates” is seen.
- After you click on the above mentioned option you will see a folder named “Control Panel” on the right side of the window. Open the folder by double clicking on it.
- Once the folder is opened just look for an option named “Prohibit access to the Control Panel“.
- The next step requires you to right click on the above option and in the new window navigate to “Properties”.
- The completion of this step shows you another new window with three options on the top which are respectively: ” Not Configured ” , ” Enabled ” and ” Disabled “. The default setting will show the first option marked.
- What you have to next is that you have mark the second option “Enabled” and then click on “Apply” and eventually “OK“.
You have completed you task and reached your destination but for some technical knowledge, what you have done through these steps is that you have changed the settings in such a manner that the program file for Control Panel namely “Control.exe” cannot start. As its consequence users cannot open Control Panel and neither can they run any item from Control Panel. Moreover, the settings removes Control Panel from the Start menu as well as Windows Explorer.
When you need the access to control panel back again follow the same steps and select the option “Not Configured” instead of “Enabled“. Your access to Control Panel will be restored as earlier.