Since Google, the Search Engine giant has launched Google plus project for testing, I was trying to give it a try. But as it is in testing phase, you can’t use this new social networking system without any invitation from either Google or a person who is using Google plus.
What is needed to get into Google plus network is a Google profile (
This moment, it is not available for the Google apps user). Once you get the invitation with your Google profile, you can start Google plus using the invitation link.
Note: I was trying to get the invitation for one of my Google profile and one of my friend sent the invitation to my Google Apps user id by mistake. I was quite upset as I read that Google apps is yet to be included in this new social networking system by Google. Then I played little trick and used the invitation link to get into Google plus. After clicking that link, it asked me to put the email id and password of a Google profile and I did exactly that it requires. I put one of my Google profile credential and I was in.
After signing up, the first thing I did that I invited some friends which was suggested in my Google plus profile. Google automatically fetches the friends’ contact email from the Gmail account related to the Google profile you are using.
If you have gotten the invitation and successfully signed up for Google plus, the first thing that you would like to do is inviting your Facebook friends at Google plus.
How to Invite Facebook friends in Google plus
After signing up with Google plus, you can use it and invite people with their email Id to include into your Google plus circles). Unfortunately, there is no option in Google plus to invite your Facebook friends directly from there. But there is still a way to do that.
Google plus allows to invite friends from Yahoo and Hotmail account’s contact list and you use this feature to invite all of your Facebook friends at your Google plus profile. Here is the quick guide lines to invite Facebook friends via your Yahoo or Hotmail account.
Tip: How to Get On Facebook at School.
1. Sign in to your Yahoo or Hotmail account. If you do not have one, sign up for it. Here I am using the Hotmail account to show the workarounds step by step. The similar procedure is applicable also for the Yahoo account.
2. In your Hotmail account’s home page, you can find an option to connect services like Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn etc.
3. Click on the Facebook icon and connect it with your Hotmail account. You are required to grant the access permission for your Facebook profile.
4. Once connected, go back to your Google plus profile and click on Circles.
5. Here, you will find three sections – People in your circle, People who’ve added you, Find and Invite.
6. Click on Find and Invite link.
7. Now, you can find the option of inviting people through your Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. Click anyone to connect. I’ve used my Hotmail account.
8. Once the account is connected with Google plus, it will fetch all the contacts from that account and show you the entire contact list.
You can now drag and drop them into your desired Circles to add them in your Google plus profile.
After the successful launch of Google plus, the internet users are too much eager to know about Google plus. According to some sources, folks are enjoying Google plus and they are thinking this social network from Google as replacement of Facebook. After giving it a try, I realized that things are too much organized in Google plus than the Facebook. The best thing about Google plus is that it is clutter free.
Those who have already gotten the invitation and are able to use Google plus, the first thing they want to do is inviting some of their friends from different networks like Facebook, LinkedIn etc. Though Google plus automatically imports the contact from the corresponding Google account, it does not allow you to import contacts from Facebook or LinkedIn accounts but it allows importing contacts from Yahoo and Hotmail account. Again both Hotmail and Yahoo allows you to import contacts from your Facebook account. This impressed me to use my Hotmail account to invite Facebook friends in Google plus. I wrote above tutorial on how to invite Facebook friends in Google plus where I used my Hotmail account to import the Facebook contacts.
But after reading the feedback from some readers, I came to know that the importing contacts from Facebook in Hotmail is not working. While I re-checked it, found that some thing is wrong with Hotmail-Facebook pairing. But the Yahoo is still working fine and you give you Yahoo account a try to import contacts from Facebook account. Here is the total workarounds on how to invite all Facebook friends in Google Plus using Yahoo account.
1. Sign-in to your Yahoo account and scroll down the mouse wheel to reach at the end of the landing page.
2. Click on Address Book link under the Yahoo!Services. This will take you into the Contacts tab.
3. Click on the Tools button and select Import from the drop-down menu.
4. Now the options from where you can import contacts in Yahoo appear. Click Facebook icon.
5. If you are already logged into your Facebook profile in the same browser, it will automatically start to import the contacts from your Facebook account after providing the necessary permission of accessing data from Facebook, otherwise you will have to sign into your Facebook account with correct login credentials.
6. Once it successfully imports all the contacts from Facebook into your Yahoo account, go back to Google plus profile and click the Circle icon then Find and Invite link.
7. You can see, there is an option to invite people using Yahoo contacts and what you have to do is clicking on that link.
8. It will ask for the permission of accessing data from your Yahoo account. Simply, grant the permission.
Once connected, it will import all the contacts from your Yahoo account and you are free to invite those people in Google plus by dragging them into your desired circle.
I wrote above the shortest ways to invite all the Facebook friends in Google. But according to some readers’ feedback, importing contacts from Facebook in Yahoo account is working fine. But some people are facing problems when fetching the yahoo contacts in Google plus.
In all the cases discussed before, the procedures are dependent on Facebook-Hotmail & Hotmail-Google plus or Facebook-Yahoo & Yahoo-Google plus pairing. Mechanically and logically while both the above processes should work fine, some user reported the negative result while completing the total procedure.
Therefore, It is time to check out another but more efficient way to invite all the Facebook friends in Google plus.
As Google plus is a Google product and it fetches the Gmail contacts automatically in the Google plus profile, we shall use Gmail to import the Facebook contacts first, which results automatic inclusion of those contacts in Google plus. Here is how to import the Facebook contacts in Gmail.
Unlike Hotmail and Yahoo, Gmail does not allow you to connect it with Facebook account and import the contact. But we can do it via Hotmail or Yahoo. As the Yahoo-Facebook pairing is working fine, we shall take Yahoo as a mediator for importing contacts in Gmail from Facebook account.
What you have to do at first is connecting your Yahoo account with Facebook exactly in same way as you did before (read above in this article). Once connected, consider to follow the steps below:
1. Import the contacts from the Facebook account in Yahoo account. I have describe the procedure with screenshots above in this article.
2. Once you import all the Facebook contacts in the Yahoo, select all the contacts from the left-side of the Contacts tab and click Tools > Export.
3. The Export options appears. Click on the Export button beside “Yahoo! CSV:”.
4. Type the security codes in the box to prove yourself as a human.
5. You are done! The download will start in a moment.
Now sign-in to your Gmail account (same with your Google plus profile) and follow the steps below.
1. Click on Contacts from the left side of the window.
2. Click More actions > Import.
3. At the Import contacts window, browse the CSV file that you’ve downloaded earlier.
4. Click the Import button and you are done! Gmail will show you a confirmation message once it imports all the contacts from that CSV file.
Now, back to your Google plus profile, go to Find and Invite page. You should see all the contacts you imported have been added there.
Now go for the further steps as you did earlier in this article.
Did you invite your Facebook friends to connect with you through Google plus? – Do share your comments with us.
For those who want to get Google plus invitation from TechTipsApp.Com:
1. +1 this post by the +1 button below the title.
2. Like and share this post in Facebook.
3. Tweet this post.
Finally drop your comment with the link of the above tasks and your Gmail id at where you want to get the invitation.
Useful link: Setup Facebook video call.