No doubt, Google plus got the popularity as we expected. Many people have signed up for Google plus and hanged out with this new social network. As the Google plus is in testing phase, a few number of people are able to taste the Google plus. If you are such lucky one like me who have signed up with Google plus, you can start it for interacting with your friends, posting your thoughts etc.
But did you try to send private message to some body in your circle or did anyone send you a private messages – as like as Facebook? By default the private message option in Google plus is disabled. So, no one can send you the private message from Google plus until you enable private messaging in your Google plus profile. Don’t forget to invite all Facebook friends in Google plus.
Enable the Google plus private message
1. Sign-in to your Google plus profile and click on the link with your name from top-right corner of the page.
2. Select “Account settings” from the drop-down list.
3. This will open the account settings page. Now click on the “Edit profile” link below the profile name.
4. Look at just below of the profile picture and you should find the Send an email option at the below of “Change photo” link.
5. Clicking on the “Send an email” option will open an overlay box where you can enable the private message i.e people can send you an email from their Google plus profile. Check the box saying “Allow people to email me from a link on my profile”.
You can also decide which type of people can send you private messages. For instance, you can allow any one on the web or the people of your circle to send the private message.
6. After deciding everything, simply click the “Save” button and your are done! – You have enable the private messaging in your Google plus profile.
Therefore, who don’t want to share their talks publicly, they can enable the private messaging in their Google plus profile to enjoy the privacy.