iOS is a very famous operating system among smartphones and many people opt for iPhone just because of iOS and the ease that it provides. There are different reasons for different people for choosing iOS one being its uniqueness and different features. One of its very interesting feature is that it allows you to block, restrict or allow only particular website on your iOS device.
Why use restrictions?
Many people have with an IPhone have kids and kids just love to play games and browse net an IPhone. As a parent you are always careful and so you need to restrict the access to certain websites when your kid is using your IPhone. Although you can use parental control but sometimes it is not possible so it is better to block and restrict some websites in the first place. And sometimes it is not about the kids you just need to restrict access to certain websites due to different reasons.
This feature tutorial is going to tell you the simplest solution this problem and you would not even need a third party app for this task. This solution not just allows you to restrict or block the websites, it also allows you to just un-restrict particular websites and block all the others. This solution will make your smart phone even more smarter.
The solution featured here does not need any third party app, meaning thereby that your IPhone has this tool preinstalled. In other words, it comes with this tool for your convenience to block or allow certain websites for access by any person using your smart phone.
Block Website on iOS Without Any third party App
Apple has installed a function in iOS which is known as restrictions. It is preinstalled in IPhones for the users. This functions will help you to implement different rules over your applications that are already installed on your smart phone. It also assists the user to block or allow many different things allowed by the developers of different apps. This function can help you in making your smart phone experience better and secure. For using this feature to restrict different websites on your iOS you just need to follow the steps below.
- Unlock your Phone and go to Settings
- Select General from the settings and touch to open
- Scroll down to find the option of Restrictions and tap on this to open the settings
If you have been using restrictions before on certain apps, you do not need to follow the step below. Or else it is necessary you follow it.
- You need to enable restrictions, for this tap on the button named Enable Restrictions on your screen.
- Now enter the password of your choice, this will brighten up all the options below.
- Scroll down to find the options named as websites, this option can be found under the option of Allowed Content settings
- Tapping on the Website option another screen will open and will show you three options.
- All Websites
- Limit Adult Content
- Specific Websites Only
- Select the option of Limit Adult content and add the website under Never Allow section to restrict access to that website, OR
- Select the option Specific Website Only and add the website under the Websites Allowed section to allow those specific websites.
These options will block adult content websites and all the other particular websites while allowing all the others. If you select the option of Specific Websites this will only allow the websites, you added and will restrict access to all other websites.
After completing this task and restricting access to the websites whenever the website you restricted will be opened it will be showed as “You Cannot Browse this page at ‘xxxxxxx.com” Because it is Restricted”. There will be button under this message as Allow Website f you tap on this you will be prompt to enter a password and by entering the password you can use the website as you want. He websites will be restricted for all the browsers you use on your device such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox giving you the same result.
I hope this becomes helpful for you and you can restrict all the unwanted websites for your children or for anyone you wish.