Android has already proved itself as most looked after mobile OS in few years. Android OS is still unexplored and much of the functionality are still secret to people. We would like to introduce our readers to more of the tips and tricks they will need to make their Android gadget more functional and productive. We will tell you how you can backup or forward all missed call alerts to your Gmail account from your Android phone. This eventually proves to be a good idea as you can manage an inventory of received SMS and missed calls. This will be backed up for whole time on your Gmail account until you delete it.
How to Backup SMS and Missed call alerts to your Gmail account:
- For the auto-forwarding SMS and missed calls to your email, there are many apps in the market but I liked the SMS2GMAIL app which can be downloaded from Android market and is available for Free.
- Go to Android market and search for the app, download it and install. Now, it’s time to set it up.
- Open the SMS2GMAIL app and you will be welcomed with a screen where you can go to settings section entering Gmail account details, password for the Gmail account. There is another option for activation keyword. This is very useful feature.When you forget your mobile in the car or at home, you can send a SMS with keyword to your phone to start the forwarding. This will keep you updated about the missed calls and SMS if you are connected to your Gmail using any other way. You can also set up the manual switch On/Off feature.
- Once setup all the things correctly, you can go back to the main screen of the app and activate the SMS forwarding service.
I am sure that you can get all this setup in one go as it is easy to fix the settings. Now, whenever you receive a missed call or SMS, the app will check for internet connection and forward the details to your email. Well, it’s all done but let me tell you more about the features of this app:
SMS2GMAIL Android app Features:
- Auto-forwards SMS to Gmail account.
- Auto-Forward missed call info to Gmail account.
- Contact lookup feature checks your contacts and send you number and name of the missed calls.
- Remote activation from device other than your own.
- Apps2SD: can also backup to SD card and later forward to Gmail once internet connection is on.
- Manual activation and deactivation of forwarding.
Did you setup your Android device for backing up your SMS and auto-forwarding the missed call alerts? Do drop your words here at the comment section.