Either you use your Facebook page to promote your business or simply use it as your social profile. In both cases, you’d like not to unveil all the stuffs that you use in Facebook. In details, Facebook shows the apps related to your page at the left pane of the Facebook page in form of tabs. It includes the default apps as well as the custom apps. But, if you are too much conscious about your privacy then why to show the apps publicly?
Again if you are working with a custom Facebook app at your Facebook page, you might be wanting to hide it from people. And that is why you should hide specific apps from appearing at your Facebook page as tabs. Here is how to hide the Facebook tabs at your Facebook page.
Tip: Protect yourself on a Social networking site.
1. Log-in to your Facebook account and open the Facebook page from which you want to hide the Facebook tabs.
2. Click on the Edit page button.
3. Now from the left side navigation bar, click on Apps.
4. This will list-up all the apps that have been added at your page. Each item of the list has an Edit settings link.
5. Click on the Edit settings link beside the app that you want to hide. A pop-up box will appear.
6. If the app is not hidden from the Facebook tabs, it will show as “Added (remove)”. Click on the remove link and you are done.
Hiding the apps from Facebook tabs does not mean that they are removed from the page and stopped working. The apps work fine and you do not lost any thing that you’ve done with that.
Click on the View page link to check whether the app you have hidden has disappeared or not.
If you bring back the app visible any time by clicking the Add link from the above mentioned pop-up box.
Hope this will help you to protect the privacy of your Facebook profile.