You may or not be familiar with HubSpot, an all-in-one Internet tool that helps brands and businesses with their online marketing. If you’re new to Internet marketing and blogging or just want to take your website or blog to the next level, HubSpot’s website grading tool is a good place to start.
Today, we’ll show you how to use this tool to your advantage, by grading any website with a single click.
1. Go to the Marketing Grader website and sign up to “get your grade for free.” Signing up is quick, but it may take a few minutes to get your actual grade.
Once you get your grade, you’ll notice that your website has been divided into three different sections: top of funnel, middle of funnel and analytics.
The top of the funnel is dedicated to creating, optimizing and promoting your content via social media and SEO. If you’re not getting enough tweets or Facebook shares, HubSpot will show you how to fix this.
The middle of the funnel is all about converting your traffic to leads and prospects via landing pages, conversion forms, email marketing and again social media. HubSpot will show you the importance of using calls to action.
As you can see, there is a ton of useful information here and it becomes even more useful when you’re looking at information about a competitor’s website!
Now, on to the easy website grading process.
2. Right below your website synopsis you’ll notice a blue button with the label, “Grade This Website.” This is the bookmarklet that you will need to drag/add to your bookmarks bar.
3. You can either drag this button to your bookmarks bar, or right-click and choose to bookmark the link. Either way, you’ll need to save it for quick access. If you plan on using it a lot and your bookmarks bar is always visible, it’s best to add it to your bookmarks bar.
4. Whenever you visit a website while browsing the Web, just click on the “Grade This Website” bookmarklet to see the website’s grade. As you can see, it only takes one click to get a quick analysis of any website.
5. As seen in the screen shot above, there are a few options given along with the grade.
- You will see links about that brand/website; you’ll be able to subscribe to them via RSS or connect with them on Facebook and/or Twitter.
- You can enter your email address to email a full report of their analysis to your own email address or someone else.
- You can view a full report (like the one that you received for your own website in step #1) for the current website that you’re viewing.
- If you’re signed into your HubSpot account, you can add the website as a competitor and do a competitor analysis.
That’s all for grading a website in one click. This is an extremely smart tool to use when sniffing out your competitors.
The goal is to have a higher grade than your competitor and using the competitor analysis tool will definitely help you with that. Not only can you see what you’re doing wrong, but you can see what they’re doing better than you and see how to improve your website.
What’s your website grade? Is it better than your competitors? Feel free to share in the comments.