With the impending technology our lives are getting more and more luxurious and simpler day by day. Internet is a great boon of technology and one of the major uses of internet is to stay connected with our friends, family, colleagues and any other relative who are distant apart. The social networking websites and conference calling companies play a major role in this part.
In the multitude of such social networking websites, Google plus Hangouts and the virtual meetings are very much in trend. The feature of Hangout in Google Plus makes is easy to have a wonderful video chat with all the friends simultaneously.
To have a great fun of this Google Plus hangout all you need is a webcam and a Google Plus account.
How To Start A Google Plus Hangout
- First you need to sign in with your Google Plus ID and click on ‘Create a Hangout’. You can see this tab on the top right of the page. If you don’t have the video chat plugin installed on your computer you will see a pop up window saying ‘install a Google Video and Voice Plugin’.
- Now when your voice and video chat is installed select the people whom you want to invite in the Google Hangout. To select them, you can click on their photos or also can click on the text box. You can also invite the entire circle by selecting the circle from drop down menu or by adding the circle’s name.
You can add up to 9 members in a Hangout.
- To add more fun you can also name the Hangout and also can air it on internet. Just click the check box below the name of your hangout to air the Hangouts on internet.
- From the Hangout Options you can restrict the people over 18 from your Hangout. These options also include language selections from the drop-down menu.
- You are now done with all settings, click on ‘Hang Out’ button and start having fun.
Features Of Google Plus Hangout
- During the Hangout, if you want to enlarge any of your friend’s video feed you can click the participant’s face. If you want to mute any of the Hangout friends, just click on the small icon of microphone over the video.
- You can also ignore any of the irritating friends just by clicking ‘Ignore’.
- You can adjust some more settings in your Hangout by clicking on the microphone icons. You can mute it temporarily the video or audio feed. The microphone icon is on the top right of the page. All these changes can be done by clicking on ‘Settings’ button.
- At the top of your chat window screen there is a menu bar from you can invite more people in hangout, watch a YouTube video, start a screen share and also can insert any Google docs or a document.
- You can also add the special effects in your Hangout using the Google Effects button.
- If you want to add some additional apps in your Hangout, click on ‘Add App’.
Tips for Google Plus Hangout
- To get good quality video, make sure that you have proper light in your room.
- To get clear voice quality, use a better quality headset.
- When you are hanging out with your friends in a Google Plus Hangout, make sure no other programs running on your computer. This may result in delay in video and audio feeds.
Google has always been creating new and innovative apps and services for the users and Google Plus hangout is one of them. Try these tips and have a great time. If you are a Facebook user, you’d like to get the Facebook video calling feature. Try it and let us know your feedback.