Google needs no introduction. Starting right from the teenage web browsers to internationally famous distinguished personalities spread all round the web, we all are familiar with this overwhelming “Google”. Its reliability and distinguishing nature is unparalleled and incomparable throughout. For billions of users worldwide, the evolution of Google is worth knowing. Here,we bring before you some interesting revelations about this marvelous “Search engine”.
1. Google is the brainchild of two distinguished personalities namely Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were aged 24 and 23 yrs respectively. Google was a result of a research work of these two PhD candidates carried out at Stanford University.
2. The name Google was provided by Milton Sirotta, nephew of Edward Kasner, the famous American mathematics wizard. The name was actually a mistake in spelling. In English vocabulary the word “Googol” signifies a number which is 1 followed by a hundred zeroes. From here the site was named “Google”.
3. The Google.com domain was registered on September 15,1997. Its first ever work started in a garage, which now comes up with an enchanting quality to display whatever you want. This feature is enabled due to the the billions of web page that Google supports. This immense collection of web pages takes for about half a second to scroll to bring up your refined topics to search for.
4. Its empowering nature facilitates you with 88 languages including 35 non-english languages. Type in Hebrew, Greek, Chinese or Hungarian Google presents before you your relevant topic of information. Not only this, Google has a Klinon interface too, just in case any requests are received beyond our planet’s orbit. Till date, no request has been received yet.
5. The preliminary cause of google being so advantageous is that all users all round the web do not know html. Users wanted a quick interface. Google performs this task with relative ease converting html file format into WAP, providing search per keystroke. Now you are ready to plunge yourself into the google world.
6. The “I am feeling lucky” button genuinely provides you with refined searches on your preferable topic. This search engine option provide you with the utmost facility of collecting information about an article in the most helpful and requisite manner. Everyday Google searches about for more than a billion topics. About one fourth of the searches are brand new of every day of every month of every year.
7. One of the massive leaps of Google was the introduction of “Did you mean” feature. This policy generated a huge popularity in the process of advancement of Google. The spell checker phenomenon used in this policy almost doubled the visitor traffic then.
8. Obviously, as we all notify Google has the largest no. of translators in the world. Not only this, but also this enchanting search engine has placed 450000 servers all around the web to ease and simplify the problems of daily browsers, even from the continent “Antarctica”.
9. Orkut, the brainchild of a Brazilian software engineer is worth mentioning. Orkut is a Google application which once again proves the astonishing attachment of the net users. This facilitates the concept of interconnection between the users through the one and only “Google”. In the world of chaotic drop backs, the simplicity of these problems overwhelm the complexity of the real world.
10. Google use a 20%-5% philosophy. If a minimum of 20% of the users use a particular feature, then the feature will be introduced. A minimum of 5% users need to enter a search preference before which the topic is added is added into the “Advanced search” category.
11. Gmail is another eye catching feature brought before you by Google again. According to users worldwide, having a Gmail account is considered to be reliable and striking compared to any other web account. Such is the dominating power enforced before you by “Google”. Such an amazing product really brings to the surface the usefulness of this very search engine.
12. Google’s search technology is based on the phenomenal concept of Pagerank. Pagerank assigns importance to determine the importance of this page. However as many may confuse, this name is not provided on the basis of importance but after Google co-founder Larry Page. This page rank phenomenal concept uses more than about 200 attributes.
13. Craig Silverstein was the first person whom Google hired.
14. Tom Vendetta was the youngest Google employee ever tobe hired. He was nearly 15 years of age when he was adopted into the profession. His primary objective was to fool his friends by fake press releases.
15. Google Earth is recently one of the most productive results of the Google. It enables users worldwide to view topography and maps of any place locate anywhere in our planet. This astonishing feature enables the user with an immense knowledge of connectivity in geography. This delicate application is really worth an applause.
Philosophies of the Google experience
1. A fraction of a second counts.
2. Immensely keep tracks about daily chores of the people.
3. Architecture and design to be kept in focus.
4. Gather people’s trust. Be sensitive to people’s wants.
5. Be the eye-catcher of the Experts.
6. Quench the thirst of the beginners.
7. Never be satisfactory. Always dare to improve.
Do you want to add more? Drop it into the comment box.