There are many software that allows you to batch convert the word documents, Excel Spreadsheet and PowerPoint Presentation in PDF format at once. But many of them are not free of cost and you’ll have to spent some bulks. If you want to batch convert the huge bundle of office documents in PDF format without investing in the commercial software like Adobe Acrobat then Google Docs sounds great.
Not only Google Docs has the ability to convert the office documents in PDF format but also it has been added with a new export feature recently,which makes it easier to batch convert Microsoft Office and OpenOffice files into PDF file format.
How to batch convert into PDF with Google Docs
- Create a New Folder in Google Docs and name it as your choice.Here I’ll use the folder name as Softslas.Write a description so that you can identify that in the numbers of folders.This folder will be used to upload all the office or image files which have to be converted.
- Now select the Upload button in your left hand side in Google Docs and select the files which are to be converted from your source by the Select files option and set the destination folder that you have created earlier,here it is Softslas.Now click on Start Upload button.You can select a huge amount of office or image documents.Google docs will batch convert them.
- Though Google Docs officially supports the .ppt, .pps, .doc, .docx, .odt(openoffice) and .sxw(StarOffice ),csv, .xls, .xlsx and .ods(OpenDocument Spreadsheet) file format you can also upload an image file to convert in the PDF file.
- After uploading all the files you have chosen in Google Docs go back to the Google Docs dashboard and select the Folder named Softslas and select the all files in that folder.Now select the Export option under More actions.
- Now chose the PDF file format from the drop down list and then click on Continue.Now all your Office document will be instantly converted in PDF format.
If your document are so huge then you don’t have to wait in the browser to finish the conversion in PDF.Google docs will bach convert them.Google Doc will automatically finish it and will send you an email with a link of directly downloadable location once the process has been completed.
Is it not a great way to batch convert your office documents?Please let us know.Put your valuable comments in the comment section.
Check out also Adobe PDF Guide and Google Docs Guide for more tips and tricks.