Gmail is sure, one of the best email service provided by Google and offer features which make it more user-friendly. And if you are looking for some features, actually some Gmail tips and tricks that make Gmail more subtle to use and to tweak according our needs and way the we want it to work. Here are some Gmail tips and tricks rolled up for you for the comfortable experience.
Gmail Tips And Tricks
Learn To Archive Your Old Mails
There are some mails which you don’t want to delete but you don’t use them too frequently either. Archive is the option which would come in handy for such mails, so tidy up your Inbox and move them to a safe place for the sake of storing, just for the future reference.
How To Archive Mails In Gmail?
- Open the mail, you wish to Archive, click on the Archive button. With this, your mail will be archived and will be moved to the folder labeled as“All Mail”.
- Good practice, if you don’t use that frequently.
Ouch! I Forgot To Sign Out Of My Gmail Account On My Friend’s PC
If this is the case with you, be it your friend’s place or some café you forgot or actually not sure whether you signed out properly from your Gmail account. Then, here’ simple trick.
- When you are back home, sign in to your Gmail account.
- Scroll down to the bottom, there’s a tiny mini “Details” link in the bottom right. Click on it.
- This will list all your Gmail activities, click “Sign out all other sessions”. And you are safe.
Undo Your Send
Sometimes, somewhere our heart always craves, wish we could undo that send mail, just to correct that unknown sneaky mistake. You can, dear, here’s how!
- Click that wrench icon, move down to Settings. Then Labs.
- There’s an option, “Undo Send”. Enable it.
- You can undo the mail just after few seconds, say around 30 seconds or so. So, be quick.
- Do the needful editing and make it ready to send it again.
How To Send a Very Quick Note In Gmail
Some one liner or a quick message you wish to send somebody, without having to go through filling up Gmail text body(the main message content). Simply type the message(in the subject field only), that quick note, and add “EOM” or (EOM) after that. EOM is a short for End Of Message. So that was our quick tip!
Organize Your Mails In Gmail
If you wish to categorize your mails in Gmail, then here’s a simple way to manage and organize specific type of category in a particular folder. How to do that?
- From the left sidebar, deep down, choose “Create new label”.
- Create the new label, as per your choice. Label created!
How To Put Mails In Specific Labels?
- Open the mail, click that icon(shown in the image).
- And assign the appropriate label from the label list.
Quick Attachment Preview Without Opening
- It’s easy, simply open the mail with some attachments.
- Click the View link to view the attachment without downloading.
- If the attached file is PPTX, XLSX, DOCX, you’ll prompted to open it via Google Docs Viewer.
Shift-Click Key Combination To Select Multiple Message Quickly
This is pretty handy trick which you really going to need while implementing other tricks in the series mentioned above. Here’s your time saver.
- If you wish to select multiple mails, select the first message in the series.
- While selecting the last message of the series, hold the Shift Key along. All the messages in between will be selected.
- You can apply any action, like archiving or adding a label, to this whole set of messages.
So that’s was all about Gmail tips and tricks, interested to know more, have a look at what we’ve covered in past.
- Setup Automatic Email Reply with Gmail Email Template
- How to Automatically Delete Spam Emails in Gmail
- 10 Best Gmail Add-ons and Extensions You Should Have
- Read Mails Offline From Gmail Inbox
- Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts to Save Your Time in Gmail
So these are some pretty handy Gmail Tips and Tricks to have by your side. Actually, we’ve covered more, interested, eh? Head for the Search box right up there and search for more. Hope you like these Gmail tips and tricks.