If you ask me which search engine is the best, I would answer “Google” in a moment. This searching legend is popular for its quick and relevant outputs. You cannotice that when you search for any keyword in Google, it serves millions of results in a fraction of second and most of them are very relevant to your choice. But you can use two useful Firefox addons to make your search experience more better.
These addons let you to customize Google search engine and move out the link ads, click tracking, spams etc.
OptimizeGoogle is a useful Firefox extension which help you to enhance Google search result by adding some extra features and removing unwanted information like spams, link ads etc. Here is the walkthrough with OptimizeGoogle extension along with its features.
- Download and install OptimizeGoogle.
- To enable the customization options go to Tools > OptimizeGoogle Options from the browser menubar.
- A new window appears. At the left side, you cannotice different categories are available to optimize the search result. Each category contains so many options. Enabling or disabling this options, you can customize you can obtain your desired search results.
- The “Web” category holds some useful option like “Remove ads” , “Use Google Suggest” (suggest words while you’re typing), “Stream search result pages” and so on.
- From the GMail category, you can enable Remove ads and related pages, Hide the spam counter, Hide the invite box, blaa.. blaa..blaa…
SearchPreview is another useful Firefox extension. This lets you to see the thumbnail preview of the webpage in your Google search results. This feature obviously will help you to distinguish the better results from the queue. Just download and install the SearchPreview extension. Restart Firefox and enjoy the search previews.
Note: Though Google has integrated the search preview in Google search but you have to place your mouse at the right end of each entry in the search result page. But this addon keep the thumbnail with each results and you won’t have to move your mouse any more.
Share your search experiences with us in the comment section.