How often do you check your email? If you’re someone who checks your email a few times a day, getting important reminders by email would be a great productivity booster for you. Why? Because checking your email often means that you won’t miss a thing. Not everyone can afford to have a personal assistant to remind them of important events. So if you don’t have a personal assistant, it’s no problem! With a service like Alertful, you don’t need one.
Alertful is a free service that can remind you about important events and send you alerts right to your email. Best of all, you don’t have to register for the service and it’s spam-free.
Here’s how to get important reminders using Alertful.
1. Click on the green “Get Started” button on the home page.
2. Pick the item that you want to be reminded about: birthday, to-do, appointment, holiday, phone call, meeting, etc. You can even enter your own custom item if none of the categories seem to fit your needs.
3. Fill out the form that will appear on the next page. In the screenshot below, I chose to be reminded about an “appointment.” The form that you see may look a little different depending on the event type chosen.
4. Alertful recommends that you choose the day before your event so that you have time to prepare. You can also create repeat reminders, which is great for events that happen each week, month, or year. Don’t worry, you can always unsubscribe when the even stops or if you get tired of receiving reminders.
I only wish that you could also enter a time for your event or a time at which to be reminded (like 2 hours or 15 minutes before it starts).
5. You’ll get a confirmation message letting you know that your alert was added. When it’s time for your reminder, you’ll get an email that looks much like the screenshot below.
Final Thoughts about Reminders
Alertful is the perfect service for setting up quick email reminders. There’s no registration needed and it only takes a minute or two to fill out the reminder form. It really doesn’t get much simpler than that.
If you’re looking to try out a similar service, you may also be interested in:
- Memo to Me – A free reminder service that sends reminders via email, to your mobile phone, or even to your pager; you will need to register on the site to use it.
- Cozi – A popular and free productivity tool for the whole family that includes calendars, grocery lists, and appointment reminders via email or to your mobile phone; you will need to register to use this service.
- kisReminder – This service is the most similar to Alertful; you can create reminders for free and without signing up. Plus, you can enter a date and time that you want to be reminded. This is a great alternative to Alertful if it’s ever down or if you need to add a time to your reminder.
What service do you use to receive email reminders? Do you use a free service like Alertful or do you prefer to use your calendar or a task management service?