Apple Inc. rolled out bug fix update iOS 8.0.2 only within hours of having introduced iOS 8.0.1, the first maintenance update of iOS 8 which failed in fixing the bugs of iOS 8 and encountered issues of its own. Here we skim through the promises of bug fixing which upgrading from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8.0.2 assures of and the steps to install iOS 8.0.2 update.
Based on the release notes of iOS 8.0.2, here is information which addresses the plight of the users in the following areas:
1. Why Upgrade to iOS 8.0.2 on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
- Apple’s first bug fix update iOS 8.0.1 had immediately caused issues for iPhone 6 users as well as iPhone 6 Plus users. It was observed that cellular connectivity died (with “No Service” messages received by users) and even Touch ID stopped working for thousands of users globally. Upgrading to iOS 8.0.2 will help fix these issues easily.
- Upgrading to iOS 8.0.2 from 8.0.1 also significantly improves the reliability of the “reachability feature” of Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets.
2. Fixing the Healthkit bug
The app named Health and the corresponding framework named Healthkit which had become available with the release of iOS 8 was one of its hot new features. Apple promisingly entered the health arena of its users with the Health app which helps the users to track their steps, oxygen, sleep levels and other health related data. By entering the medical history of the user, the Health app provides timely health tips and guidelines for exercises. However with iOS 8.0.1 it encountered problems of a bug which affected its use. Upgrading from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8.0.2 helps fixing the issues with the Healthkit apps.
3. In-App purchases
In-App purchases are facilitated with better support for Ask To Buy For Family Sharing which comes with iOS 8.0.2.
4. Issue with third party keyboards
With iOS 8.0.1, it was seen that third party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters the password. This bug is also satisfactorily fixed with the iOS 8.0.2.
5. Photos- accessing and uploading
- iOS 8.0.1 restricted the access of photos in the photo library for certain apps on the iPhone. iOS 8.0.2 fixes this and all apps are found open access to the library.
- iOS 8.0.1 developed a bug which restrained uploading photos and videos from Safari. Well, moving from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8.0.2 also addresses this issue.
6. Other quick fixes assured with upgrading to the iOS 8.0.2
It fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS or MMS messages.
It fixes the bug which stopped the restoring of ringtones from iCloud backups.
7. How to upgrade to iOS 8.0.2?
Steps to install iOS 8.0.2 update are quick to follow. Go to:
Settings > General > Software Update .This should start the upgrade process automatically. Just make sure that your device is connected to the internet.
Should I go with it?
Despite the arrival of Apple’s iOS 8.1 beta, iOS 8.0.2 remains the current update for iPhone and iPad users. There is widespread speculation regarding the performance of the iOS 8.0.2, but so far the reviews for its use have been satisfactory for iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, though not the same could be said about iPhone 6 Plus.
Upgrading from iOS 8.0.1 to iOS 8.0.2 has also been solid for iPad air and iPad mini with retina. iOS 8.1 is expected to release later in October with better bug fixes than iOS 8.0.1. However those facing big issues with iOS 8.0.1 would better opt for upgrading to iOS 8.0.2.