A well-known format for files nowadays is PDF (Portable Document Format). One of its uses is that it is used to send data and credential information to others. A user who needs to protect its information that is being transferred via internet or any other means can opt for password protection for a PDF format file. Password protection allows the owner of the document to lock down the confidential information. Microsoft word also allows password protection but users mostly prefer PDF over .docx files as this offers more security and its password is very hard to crack or hack in.
Creating a PDF file with images is not much of a problem and can easily be created by anyone, the problem lies when you need to extract the images out of a PDF file. Extracting an image or a couple of images from a PDF format file can be a real headache. So we are here to provide you with a couple of solutions so that this process is no more a couple of clicks for you. These solutions include third party software which are developed just to help you with this problem of extracting.
Microsoft word is being used in the first of two methods and this does the trick mostly. If this does not help, then you can opt for the second option which is about another third party software and this will surely do the trick. Following are the two methods.
Extract Image from PDF File
Extract image from PDF file using Microsoft Word
Almost every person using a computer knows about Microsoft Word and it is pretty easy to use. For extracting images from a PDF file, you must have Microsoft Word 2013 or Microsoft 2016 as these two versions of Microsoft Word allows you to open PDF file while older versions do not give you this option. To extract the images, you just have to follow the following steps.
- Open Microsoft Word 2013 or Microsoft Word 2016
- Open the PDF file in any of these 2 versions
- Find the images you want to extract
- Right click on the image and select the option of “Save as Picture” from the drop down menu.
- A dialog box will open, select save picture from the PDF file using Microsoft word.
- Select the folder or any location you want to save that picture to and give that picture a name, and click the save button on the right side.
to download Microsoft Word click here.
Extract image from PDF file using PDF Trick
Except for the method involving Microsoft word you can also use PDF Trick. PDF Trick is a free software for windows and Mac OS X. It is developed primarily for the extraction of images from a PDF file. This software is compatible with Windows Vista and all the version after that till Widows 10. This software is available in both 32 bit and 64-bit versions. To download it on Mac you must have OS X 10.7 or later version to install PDF Trick on your Mac Book. The finest thing about this software is that it is portable.
For extracting the images using PDF Trick just follow the following steps.
- To download PDF Trick click here.
- Download and open PDF Trick.
- Then, open the PDF file by clicking on the File tab on the top right corner and select open button.
- Find the images in PDF file.
- You can select a page from the left side pane which shows all the pages of the document.
- All the selected images will be shown in the center and you can select all the images you want to extract.
- To save or extract an image, just select the image and click on the GET IMG button on the right side.
- Select the destination folder for the image to be saved in and name the image to be saved.
And your image will be saved in just few clicks. I hope these two methods will get you out of trouble and make it easy for you to save the images.