Previously, I’ve cover an article on how to Turn PC into Media Server. Doing so, you can get you favorite songs to listen from any where with an internet connection. But there is one limitation of that way. You need to have the Google Chrome as a browser in your computer to listen the music. Otherwise, clicking on the MP3 files in other browsers like Firefox, Opera will start to download the file in your computer which is not your concern.
Here is how to cross that boundation and listen the musics (mp3) from your Dropbox in any browser. DropTunes lets you to play mp3s in any browser from your Dropbox account.
How to use DropTunes to listen the musics
1. Go to your Dropbox web account and click on any music file (mp3).
It will start to download the file instead of playing it.
2. To make your music files playable directly from your Dropbox account, try DropTunes. Go to the DropTunes website and login with your Dropbox account credentials.
3. Once you login to DropTunes, it will automatically integrate the necessary app for playing music files in your Dropbox and list up all the folders of your Dropbox. Don’t worry, it can access only the music files. The other files will not be displayed here**. Navigate to one of your music folder and it will automatically add the content files in the play list.
4. To play any music file, just click on the Play link at the starting of each list entry. If you tried the process which I stated at the starting of this article, you would be noticing that you are to play each file separately from your account. But the DropTunes supplies a better player for the listeners and you won’t have to play each music file individually. The musics will be played automatically as they are ordered in the list.
5. The player is quite handy having basic playback controls, volume etc. Another cool thing of this player is that you can switch to HTML5 mode which lets you to play the WAV and OGG files. But the HTML 5 mode does support all browsers.
6. To see the list of supported browsers, click on the link Info & Tips in DropTunes.
Scroll down your mouse to see the supported browser list.
**How to revoke the access of DropTunes from your Dropbox account
If you want to revoke the access permission of DropTunes from your Dropbox account, just login to Dropbox and click on the Account link from the top of the page.
Head to My Apps tab and there you can see all the apps that are currently integrated with your Dropbox account.
Remove the apps by clicking on the cross sign at the right of DropTunes entry.
This is a great way to listen any song from your Dropbox without downloading. Do you have any different idea to listen musics from Dropbox? – Share with us.
You might also like to read:
1. Schedule WordPress Database Backup to Dropbox Account.
2. Run Multiple Instances of Dropbox in Windows 7 and Vista.
3. Remotely Shut Down Your PC from Mobile/PC Using Dropbox.