VLC media player has become popular as it supports most of the Audio and Video formats. If you are a music lover and like to play music or videos whenever you wish(in office or in your friend’s computer) then you may need to install the VLC media player in your USB stick so that you can listen your music or videos which are generally not supported by Windows media player.
Tip: Play Unplayable Videos in Windows Media Player.
Recently VLC Media Player Portable 1.0.2 has been released.This application is acceptable on USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive, notebook and any extension hard drive.
About Portable VLC Media Player 1.0.2
This multimedia player is highly portable and supports most of the audio and video formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx, Xvid, WMV, mp3, ogg, aac and so on. It is also comfortable with DVDs, VCDs and several streaming protocols. You can use it as a media converter and server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv6 or IPv4 on a high bandwidth network. It’s also care about your security issue. When you use it in other computer it won’t leave a history of your usages and any personal data. This application is open source and fully free. You can normally install it in your USB flash drive or any extension hard drive.
Latest version of Portable VLC Media Player add some new features.
- Windows 7 support and an improved installer.
- Live recording,instant pausing,and frame by frame playback.
- SSA decoding,v412,Mac OS interface,ogg/theora,x246 modules,and fixes some security issue.
- The port to 64 bits for Mac OS platform.
- Includes two new language Kazakh and Croatian.
- New HD Codecs-AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, Blu-Ray Linear PCM, Real Video 3.0 and 4.0.
- Download VLC Media Player Portable 1.0.2
- Run the downloaded exe file and select a language.
- Browse the drive in which you want to instal. Click on “OK” then click “Install”.
- To run the VLC Media Player navigate the path where you have installed the application.Now navigate for VLCPortableApp vlc> vlc.exe
- Double click on vlc.exe.