Are you looking for an easy way keep in touch with your family? Is your family scattered across the world and you’re looking for an easy way to keep up with what they’re doing? If so, let us introduce you to FamilyTic, a Web service where you can create a social network for your family.
Tip: How to Get on Facebook at School When it’s Blocked.
With FamilyTic, you can invite family members to your private network. Then you can import your photos, videos, statuses, links and more from various social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube. This way, your family can see all of your social activities in a single location. This is also great if you have parents who are not computer literate and may not know or understand how to find you on these services.
So lets take a look at how to create a social network for your family.
1. To sign up you’ll need to connect your Facebook account. This, of course, gives FamilyTic permission to access your account. Dont worry about your other social accounts you’ll be able to add those later.
2. Next, its suggested that you first search for your family by name. This is in case someone else has already created a network for your family. If you don’t find one, you can go ahead and create your family network.
Note: FamilyTic uses the exact last name from your Facebook account; you cannot change it. So if you have something weird as your last name or want to use something different, you wont be able to.
3. Next youll be able to invite your relatives, but you can skip this step and do it later if you prefer. It may take a while for your friends list to load. If you’re impatient, just try again later.
Your Family Dashboard
4. You’ll now be at your family dashboard, where you’ll also see your Facebook posts that were imported when you connected your account. Once you add your other social networks in settings, you’ll see those here also.
As you can see, the supported networks are: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr and Foursquare (coming soon).
5. You can also add a status message directly to FamilyTic and share it just with your family here or on Facebook and/or Twitter. Unfortunately, you can only enter text and links – no images or videos.
6. Even though the dashboard shows all types of posts, you can filter it to only show statuses, photos, videos, links, events or members. This is done by clicking on one of the above-mentioned categories on the left side of the page.
For instance, when you click on photos, you can see photos from each image-supported social network separately: Facebook in one tab and Flickr in another.
Likewise, when you click on videos, you can see videos from each video-supported social network separately: Facebook in one tab and YouTube in another.
7. All posts can be commented on and liked on FamilyTic. So you’ll be able to interact with your family and see how they like your new pictures, videos or anything else that’s imported.
8. Like Facebook, you’ll get notifications on FamilyTic so that you never miss a thing such as a comment or a new like.
9. If you want to invite relatives, search for other families, access settings, etc., this is all done from the navigation menu at the top right of the page.
Also In settings you can change your color theme (there are 6 to choose from) and customize your notifications.
As you can see, FamilyTic creates a Facebook-like social network for your family that can really help to bring you all closer together as well as keep in touch. Do you think that this is a useful tool and will you create one for your family? Let us know in the comments.