A lot of applications are there in the internet which help you creating and sharing office documents online. The most popular office web applications are Google Docs, Office Live, Windows Live, SkyDrive and many more. These web applications are quite handy to create office documents and collaborate important documents with others.
Docs.com is a new web application where you can easily create and collaborate your office documents with your colleague, clients even your Facebook friends. If you are not a advanced user then this can be helpful for you.
Docs provides a online Microsoft office 2010 platform where you can discover, create and share your office documents with your Facebook friends. Here you can create and upload all types of office documents like Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, photo slideshows, charts, resumes etc. To use this application you can log with your Facebook account user id and password .
How To Create Office Documents using Docs.Com
Here the simple steps involved in creating office documents using the Docs.com web application.
- Go to the Docs.com and click on “Sign In”. A new Facebook log-in page will appear. Enter your Facebook log-in information and click on the “Login” button
- Once logged in, the ‘Facebook Request for permission’ dialog will appear. Click on ‘Allow’ to allow Docs access the Facebook account. Now, you are ready to create and upload your documents
- To upload or create office document s, click on the drop-down menu ‘Add a Doc’. Choose ‘Upload a Doc’ to upload documents from your computer. To create an office document click on other option under ‘Create a new document’ as your choice
- You will get all common office tools facilities when creating a word documents
- Now add a title of your document. The title will be posted on your Facebook wall.
How to Share Documents Created at Docs.Com on Facebook
You can share your document from the ‘Sharing’ menu. You can set the privacy of your document categorically. Set who can read your documents from the ‘Viewers’ zone. The ‘Editors’ zone lets you to set whether other person(s) can edit your documents or not.
You can also share your document with individual friends. Then select the ‘Individual friends’ button, select your friend and click the ‘OK’ button.
Under the wall section, you can write about your document which will appear at your Facebook wall. Once ready, press the ‘Post’ button.
Congratulation!! You have successfully shared your document with your Facebook friends.
To access your own documents click on ‘My Docs’. Click on ‘Friend’s Docs’ to access or read your friends’ documents. You can also see the comments by others and the documents which are shared publicly.
Add the Docs Tab On Facebook
To quickly access the documents and view your friends’ documents, you can add a Docs tab on your Facebook profile. To add this log into Facebook account and go to your profile. Click on ‘Add a new tab’ and select Docs. Now, all of your Facebook friends can see by clicking the Docs tab.
After adding this tab, you can easily upload and create your documents from Facebook via docs.
Enjoy and share your documents with Facebook friends.
Tip: How to Smartly Get On Facebook at School.