Have you ever had a special event that you were extremely anxious about and it seemed like time wasn’t moving fast enough? Well now you can countdown to those special moments in style with a cool online tool from AreWeThereYet.
As the name implies, AreWeThereYet is especially for those days that just can’t seem to get here fast enough. You can create and customize your own countdown timer online and then share it on your favorite social network, or embed it on your website or blog.
Now we’ll go through the easy steps of creating, sharing and embedding your personal countdown timer on AreWeThereYet.
1. The first step is to go to the website and click on “new” at the top of the page. A window will appear below.
2. Next you must go through the steps in the customization menu as follows:
- Enter the date and time of your event; if it’s a date from the past, you can skip step #2.
- Enter a title and text to go along with it (ie. a description of your event).
- Choose a color for your text using the color picker.
- Choose a background image for your timer; there are 9 pre-added backgrounds that you can choose from, but you can also upload your own.
- Choose to start counting up after the event (enable/disable) or use this if you have entered a past event.
- Enter a title and text for the count up timer, if applicable.
- Choose a text color with the color picker and background image for your count up timer.
- Enter a password so that you can go back anytime and make changes to your timer as needed.
- Set your timer and you’re all done.
3. Once your timer settings are complete, it’s time to share it online. Click on “share & embed” at the top of the page next to “edit.” You’ll see a window displayed below it, titled “Share this countdown.”
You can share on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks via AddThis; remember this will only share a link and the background image. You can also email and print out a static image of your timer. You’ll see two embed codes as well (iframe and flash) that can be used to add your timer to your blog, website or anywhere else that accepts HTML.
4. You can create a new timer or just cherish your current one as it’s displayed beautifully on the page. Your timer will be set up much like the screenshot below.
As you can see, the title that you entered is above the timer and the “text” is at the bottom; there’s plenty of space for any amount of text.
What Are You Waiting For?
AreWeThereYet is a fun online tool that does an excellent job of preserving and sharing your special events – both in the past and future. It’s extremely easy to use and only takes a few minutes to set up.
So what special event are you waiting for? Do you plan to use AreWeThereYet for your special events?