Facebook is an addiction to most and if you have lots of friends, it might happen that some of your friends tag you in photos/videos, and you don’t want to be in some of them for your Facebook security and privacy.
When you are tagged in a photo, it allows others also to see who is being tagged and you also start getting unnecessary notifications about others commenting on photos.
To avoid Facebook Photo tagging you need to follow few steps
1. First of all, log in to your Facebook Account and click “Privacy settings” which you will find on the right hand side top and then click on “Privacy Settings”.
2. In the next step you will have to customize the settings of your privacy information in Facebook. Click on “Customize Settings”.
3. In the next page you will get go to the option of “Things other share” where you will find different settings. Go to “Photos and videos I’m tagged in”, click on the drop down menu and select “Customize”.
4. Now you will get the option where you can allow your friends to tag you in photos but if you don’t want to be tagged by anyone then select “Only Me”. If you don’t want to be tagged by particular Facebook friends you can type their names.
Remember that you can change these settings at anytime.
Remove Your profile From Already Tagged photos
If you want to remove your profile from already tagged photos/videos then here are the steps to be followed:
1. Log in to your Facebook Account then go to “Photos” tab. You will find there the photos on which you have been tagged.
2. Click to open the photo, locate your profile name and then click on “remove tag”. Voila! You just removed your profile from the tagged photo.
Did you change Photo tagging settings in your Facebook account? Let me know.