Many users like to use more than one Operating Systems ( Windows 7, Vista, XP) in his/her Computer. Primarily an operating system is set as default in your Computer. When you switch on your Computer, that default operating system starts automatically.
Suppose you have three operating systems – Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and generally Windows 7 is set as a default operating system. Now if you want to run the operating system other than Windows 7 like Windows XP or Vista then every time you boot on your computer, you have to choose that specific operating system.
Tip: Install Windows XP from USB.
Here I’ve explained the procedure to change default operating system as your choice so that it automatically runs when boot your computer (also read Move Default Location of My Documents in Windows XP). Note that the changes must be done from Windows 7 or Vista, rather than the earlier version of Windows. The steps are as follows:
- Click on “Windows Start menu button”.
- Right click on “Computer” and go to “Properties”.
- Click on “Advanced system setting”, a “System Properties” box will appear.
- Switch to the “Advanced” tab.
- Go to the “Start up and Recovery” item and click on “Settings” button.
- Here you will find “Default operating system”. Choose the one that you need from the dropdown list.
- You can also change the “Time to display list of operating systems”.
- Click “OK“.
This procedure is quite handy for those computer users who use multiple operating systems in their computer. Do you know any other technique to change the default operating system for your computer? – Feel free to leave your comment.