Mozilla Firefox is one of the most used web browser and the one which is highly customizable one too. But a single crash and all your settings are PHEW!!, there goes in the air. But here’s a highly customizable Firefox Add-on which allows users to backup Firefox settings with ease. Having a backup of Firefox settings and other features you are using along with the customization you’ve done to suit to your working environment makes things easier as you can sync them across multiple computer. FEBE Firefox Add-on is all what you need to backup Firefox settings the right way, the way you want them to be. (Firefox Tip: Sync bookmarks with Dropbox)
How To Backup Firefox Settings Using FEBE Firefox Add-on
- First of all, download and install the FEBE Firefox Add-on from Mozilla Firefox repository. Restart the web browser to activate and use the Add-on.
- Now you are all set to backup Firefox settings with the help of FEBE Firefox Add-on. Choose FEBE Firefox Add-on from the Firefox Add-on menu.
- Click on “Options” and there you are flooded with so many options and settings to choose from.
- FEBE Firefox Add-on is the full-fledge Add-on which can take care of every requirement a user might demand.
- The panel has few options including What to Backup, Where to Backup, When to Backup, How to Backup, Advanced features and Backup option to Box(cloud storage service).
- You are free to choose the settings you want FEBE Firefox Add-on to backup, be it Themes, Extensions, usernames and passwords and more. Next option allows users to feed in the path where they want to store that backup file.
- Just like Windows OS, users can also schedule automatic backup timings from the third option from the FEBE Firefox Add-on panel. Be it daily, weekly, it’s all up to users, how frequent they want to backup Firefox settings.
- Users can also get detailed information about the Firefox backup settings too. It also features some advanced features, which are not really needed, if you ask me.
- Now comes the best part, if you want to synchronize Firefox settings from one computer system to another, here’s an option for you upload all your Firefox backup settings to Box.com, from where you can sync across multiple computer and access it on another computer system.
- The Add-on allows users to schedule Firefox backup to Box.net. To use that, just enable the Box.net uploads and connect it by providing your Box.net account details. And you are all set.
So that’s all about FEBE Firefox Add-on which allows users to backup Firefox settings the way they want it to be. Share your views.
Related: Sync Firefox addons across multiple computers.
Note – FEBE 7.0 is for Firefox 4.0 and above only. For Firefox 3.0, use FEBE 6.0.