Say, you are in a vacation and can’t use your computer or Android device due to unavailability of the internet connection. Being a busy person, you receive too many emails everyday which keeps you busy when replying them. Particularly, if the emails are quite important and need atleast the response from you, you would keep your hands on your heads if you lose something due to your absence. To avoid such situation, you can setup automatic email reply with Gmail Email Template. This automatic email reply will work whenever you leave your computer for some long duration and can’t be online.
Consider another scenario! You are a very busy person and have a tight schedule. It is very tough and wasting of time if have to reply each email which are useless or from some persons asking the same question. To get rid of such situations, setup automatic email reply for those type of email addresses.
Yeah!! I am talking about Gmail canned response i,e Gmail Email Template. You can create one and use that for an automatic reply to some selected email addresses.
Not only that but also you can use Gmail Email Template to reply automatically to your Blog visitors or any body who wants to contact with you.
All you need to do is using the Gmail Email Template properly. Here is a short write-up on how to setup automatic email reply using Gmail Email Template.
Related: Open Multiple Email Accounts in Firefox at the Same Time.
How to set your mail box for automatic email reply
Gmail Vacation Responder
Gmail vacation responder allows you to send an automatic reply. After signing into your Gmail or Google apps account, follow the steps bellow.
1. Click on the setting link at top most corner. Under the “General” tab, look for “Vacation responder”.
2. Activate it and write down the subject and the message body that he/she will receive if somebody sends you an email.
3. By default, the duration of sending emails automatically is 7 days in Google accounts. But you can extend it by clicking on the “Ends” option and defining the ending date.
Vacation responder is very useful if you’re out-of-town and want to tell your friend about that if he/she sends any mail.
But if you want to setup an automatic email reply for your blog visitors then Vacation responder may not sound good. Because, it automatically replies to the mails from the same contact once in every 4 days. This is not a good choice to send an acknowledgment to your blog readers as they can contact several times in a day or week.
Gmail Canned Response or Gmail Email Template:
If any body sends you mails in several time asking the same type of questions then answering each of them is not professional one. You can create a canned template in your Gmail or Google apps account to automatically reply the same type of emails.
Create a canned template in Gmail for automatic email reply
1. Sign-in to your Gmail account and click on the Settings link and then head to “Labs”. It will show you the list of available lab feature out there. Look for “Choose canned response…” (5th from the top) and enable it by selecting the radio button. Don’t forget to save the Lab settings before leaving that page.
2. Once you activated the canned response, click on compose mail. Here, you can see a new drop-down menu titled as “Canned response”. Expand the drop down box and you will the drop-down menu is empty.
3. Create a canned template by clicking on “New canned response”. This will pop up a window where you have to put a name for your canned response template. Make sure that you have put a relevant name for your canned response otherwise you may not recognize it in future. Otherwise you’ll have to select the response by reading the message body. In turn, which will not solve your purpose. Always avoid the naming such as “Response 1”, “Reply 1” etc.
4. Next type the message you would like to send to and click on the “Save Now” button.
5. That’s it. Your canned response template i.e Gmail email template is ready to use. Whenever you get the same type of messages, just select the template from the “Canned response” drop down when replying.
Make your email reply automatic
If you want to reply automatically to all the mail that ask you the same type of question or queries, you can use Gmail filter option.
What you have to do is to create a filter in your Gmail account first.
1. Click on Settings >> Filter tab >> Create a new filter.
2. At the “Choose search criteria” option, choose any thing from incoming mail id: sending mail id, any word that is or is not contained by the mail id or message body, subject etc. For instance, I’m using the ‘Subject’ field for the search criteria. After choosing one for yourself, click on “Next step”.
3. Check the box “Send canned response” and select your canned response template from the drop down box. Click on “Create Filter”.
That’s all! you’ve successfully created an automatic email reply for those who send that same type of emails.
You might also want to automatically delete spam emails. Feel free to drop your comments at the comment box.